- Finder functionality is hard wired into various parts of OS X so better alternatives like PathFinder lack some key integration.
- Keep running the Finder, or avoid ...
- Better Solution:
- Try to patch a few instances of the hard wired effect.
1. What It Does
PathFinderHack is a SIMBL plugin that patches Apple's Cocoa applications to replace the main document drag button. It retargets the open event from the Finder to PathFinder
The PathFinderHack code is just a compressed bundle. You will need to have SIMBL already installed.
Drop the bundle into
/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins. It will work equally well in the user domain
~/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins. Restart any Cocoa application to try it out.
- This only catches one way in which applications use the Finder. Other parts of certain applications, like Safari's downloads window, use another mechanism for calling the Finder.
4. Questions | Comments | Feedback
Please feel free to contact me via email - I'm interested to hear your criticisms and thoughts.
You can always read about my current projects in my development journal.
5. Revision History
v0.1 - released 2003-08-25
- Initial public release.