- Links to a few helpful sites for building blocking rule and understanding regular expressions.
- Block Filtered Content
turns PithHelmet on/off
- Reload Page Unfiltered
reloads the current url with PithHelmet disabled temporarily
- Truncate Log...
- Deletes the PithHelmet log file if you feel it is getting too large
- Revert To Factory Rules...
- Creates a backup of the current rules and then restores the current rule set to the latest version of the factory rules
- Purge Cookies...
- Purge Session Cookies
- Deletes all cookies that have been flagged as temporary or "session only." These are normally deleted when the browser is quit.
- Purge Cookies For <site>
- Deletes all cookies for the current site.
- Show Rule Editor
- Show Cookie Editor
- This is more of a cookie "viewer" for now. Most of the fields cannot actually be edited at this point.
- Show PithHelmet Log
- Opens the log file in the Console.app
- Show Site Preferences
- Opens a site preference rule for the current site - if there isn't one, a new rule is created with the current default settings.
- Vestigial functionality from the development process. You can largely ignore this menu unless you are supremely curious.
- Block Images from this Server (contextual menu)
- Right-Click (Control-Click) on Image
adds a new Block rule for the server hosting the current image
- Never Block Content from this Server (contextual menu)
- Right-Click (Control-Click) on Page background (not an Image or a Link)
adds a new Exempt Site rule for the domain name of the current site