v1.4; last modified 2004-12-02 18:20:51 EST by sboisvert
Features New in v0.7
This is a list of new functionality already implemented in the next version of PithHelmet.
- enabling PithHelmet is now saved as a preference (the "Block Filtered Content" menu item)
- separate preference checkbox for collapsing content that links to advertising content
- blocked content allows substitute files (this prevents annoying question mark/missing image graphics from loading)
- content from localhost and file:/// are not filtered at all
- block images from server menu item now includes the name of the server that will be blocked
- there is a special rule set ("Exempt Sites") which disables all PithHelmet blocking for any page matching this ruleset
- new contextual menu item "Never block content from <current site domain name>"
- content and error messages are now fully localizable (for info on becoming a translation volunteer see PithHelmetLocalization)
- sites that are in the location bar do not get blocked (this prevents accidental blocking when you type in a url that matches a block rule)
- added some new Help menu items to the preference pane contextual menu - mostly on the subject of regular expressions
- added "Revert to Factory Rules..." contextual menu item - this will remove all custom rules and restore the default set of rules that PithHelmet shipped with (it makes a backup copy of your customized rules first, just in case)
- completely new blocking mechanism based on new WebKit documentation from Apple
- collapse blocked content has been rewritten to limit the number of links it examines on a page - this fixes theveryslow performance reading message digests which could contain ~1000 or more links on a single page.
- merged url and domain-specific rules - this is only a UI change and should simplify the rule editor